Progress Note: We are working hard on a new leaderboard system to seamlessly incorporate the new Choice Entry and ROE which makes for a first of its kind leaderboard and prize system where the player has control over their journey. Until then, once an event starts, Scores during an event are found via “Field/Times/Scores” button below. A “Final Results: Scores & Prizes” button will be available after the final round. Prize Choice Entry & ROE Examples are always available for every event, ahead of time, on this same public sheet. Reminder: MGPs do not go down based on field size, only increase! We strongly encourage every player to read the Entry and Prizes information below as has powerful information that is designed to better support your journey. Here is a sneak peak of what is to come for our new leaderboard system…
Join us for a 36 hole Stroke Play walking event for both men and women. Register for a simple and flexible experience with one competition, one prize fund, and one leaderboard. Now you can choose the potential Return On Entry that fits your journey with Choice Entry. The top 40% of scores, at every ST event, will take home our unrivaled Minimum Guaranteed Prizes according to your undisclosed entry level.
Learn the SwingThought way now, because you’re going to love it! Choice Entry provides golfers more control for your individual journey with various levels of entry. ROE stands for Return on Entry & Experience and defines the relationship between your entry fee risk and potential reward in prize money earned. MGPs stands for Minimum Guaranteed Prizes, which means you know what to expect when you #PlaySwingThought.
Level 4: $1000
PREMIUM ROE | Unlimited to ST Members, first 10 non-members registered at this level
Level 3: $800
MARKET LEADING ROE | Unlimited to ST Members & Non-Members
Level 2: $600
SAVE & EARN while developing your game | Unlimited to ST Members, first 10 non-members registered at this level
Level 1: $400
FOCUS on repetitions and keep costs down | Unlimited to ST Members, first 10 non-members registered at this level
Player’s ChoiceEntry Level is undisclosed for player privacy.
Early Birdie Entry (11+ days prior): Starting entry price (above) | 4-day extension for members
On Par entry (7-10 days prior): +$100 for non-members | No charge for members
Late Entry (< 6 days): +$250 all entries
4% processing fee included at checkout
Our MGPs start at the equivalency of 60 player field with 100% of entries going toward the total prize fund. Prizes only increase as field sizes grow, never decreasing, giving you unrivaled ROE. We take the upfront risk to defeat the distractions of non-guaranteed prizes based on field size, all in an effort to make it easier for you to play and connect to the game!
All prize fund examples are provided prior to events. Prize fund earnings distribution policies can be found below in the “Tournament & Player Information” tab.
If you have any questions or need help with registration please call, chat with us on our website or send a note to email@example.com
- LOCAL RULE: No local rule from Three Ridges Golf Club will apply.
- PRACTICE ROUNDS: Available on Friday, May 29 for a $50 fee including range balls. Please contact the course directly to schedule.
- FIELD SIZE: Limited to 124 players. Entry is available first come, first serve with priority access for ST Members.
- PRIZE FUND PAYOUT: Top 40% of professionals and ties. See prize fund examples above and Prize Fund Transparency for MGPs & ROE across all levels. Players tied for the final place of the stipulated cut line will equally split the original final place payout. ST Members receive earnings within 3 business days for direct deposit upon request. All other players are mailed a physical check within 7 business days to the address provided at registration.
- STARTING TIMES: Released after 12:00 noon the day prior to Round 1 and emailed directly to players.
- PLAYER DRESS CODE: Shorts or slacks with collared shirt are allowed for this event – no denim.
- WALKING OR RIDING: This is a walking event due to COVID. All competitors will walk. Push carts allowed.
- CADDIES: Always required to wear SwingThought bibs. Players are responsible for the conduct of caddies.
- CODE OF CONDUCT: Failure of players and/or caddies to adhere to the 2020 SwingThought Code of Conduct is a fineable offense.
- COURSE SCORECARD: Example available below. Course set up subject to change.
- DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICES: A player may obtain distance information by using a device that measures distance only. If, during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance-measuring device that is designed to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his play (e.g., gradient, windspeed, temperature, etc.), the player is in breach of Rule 14-3. First offense is 2 strokes (violation of 14-3). Subsequent offense is DQ.
- EQUITABLE COMPETITION: Our live events are prepared with two sets of tee markers for men and women by our PGA and USGA certified staff. Women will play a total course yardage approximately 10%-18% less than the men’s total course yardage. These calculations may vary based on factors that include spin rates, pivot points, available teeing grounds, course yardage, wind, and hole locations, and others.
COVID 19 – Players are encouraged to practice safe distancing at all times. Special details and precautions will be communicated via email as needed. Event dates and health related rules are subject to change. We appreciate patience and understanding during this time. We do our best to provide best in class support and experience and that includes a commitment to safety of our players, partners and staff.
- Players should be prepared with equipment and materials as needed/deemed by Local and/or State Sanctions mandate. Some items that players may need to provide include:
- Hand sanitizer
- Bottled Water
- Equipment needed for competition
- Gloves and towels, as needed to handle flagsticks and/or bunker rakes, should this be allowed
LIVE EVENT SPECIFIC DETAILS
ST 5 @ Three Ridges GC | Knoxville, TN
These protocols are currently in place for ST 5 at Three Ridges GC | Knoxville, TN and are subject to change.
DRIVING RANGE/ PRACTICE AREAS/PUTTING GREENS
There will be restrictions in place, depending on the size of the practice area at each course.
Balls will be placed on the ground to limit contact needed to hit them
ONLY PLAYERS are allowed on practice areas to help with social distancing.
POST PLAY PRACTICE
Practice areas will be open, based on course discretion
ST 5 @ Three Ridges GC is a walking event.
Caddies are allowed with players on course for competition
Caddies are not allowed on the Designated Practice areas, including driving Range, Practice Areas, and practice putting greens to allow for safety measures and social distancing.
PRACTICE ROUNDS: All practice rounds should be booked ahead of time with Three Ridges Golf Club ((865) 687-4797). Any restrictions regarding course usage for Practice Rounds should be followed during practice rounds
COMPETITION ROUNDS: Before the round, warm-up, including stretching, should be done prior to arriving to any designated practice area
- Players should only arrive at the first tee after all players in the previous group leave the teeing ground.
- Starter’s Table items available will include:
- Individual Competition Scorecard
- Hand Sanitizer (large, pump, shared bottle)
- Hole Location Sheet & Notice to Players – will be emailed to players and a QR code document will be available on the first tee for players to have this information available on their mobile device
- Scorecards will be distributed by the starter so that no player has their own scorecard.
SOCIAL DISTANCING ON THE COURSE
- This will be a walking event
- Please maintain awareness of your proximity to your fellow competitors
- Please remain away from a group should a backup or delay occur
- Rules Officials will observe social distancing when asked for assistance on the course
- Flagstick – removal of the flagstick is at player’s discretion during tournament rounds at Three Ridges GC.
- Bunkers – will be decided as we are closer to start of competition
- Personal safety measures are encouraged.
- More information may be provided or changed as we are closer to competition rounds.
- Evacuation carts will be located on the course should weather forecast deem this necessary
- If play is stopped, players should evacuate using the nearest cart and return to the safety of their car in the parking lot.
- If play is suspended, practice may not be allowed before the resumption of play, depending on the ability to adhere to safe social distancing guidelines
LIVE SCORING: If available, players will allow volunteers to take a photograph of their scorecard. Player will lay card on scorer table
- Players should keep both scores on the scorecard as normal.
- Scores will be certified in the following way:
- Player A will read back Player B’s scores to the scoring official, Player B will read his own scores to the scoring official. Scoring officials will update the leaderboard. Players should not leave the designated scoring area until the scores are certified.
- Once player(s) exit the designated scoring area, scores are considered official.
SPECTATORS: Walking will be allowed for spectators
LEGAL / DISCLAIMER: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By participating in ST live events you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.